Laurel, MD (Onsite, some flexibility for remote work after a couple of months)
Compass Pointe has partnered with a manufacturer who is looking to add an Application Developer to the team. The Application Developer designs, develops, documents and provides support for the ERP application and other applications for the business. Will support enterprise level business functions and identify/implement applications for the best experience of the user. Requires learning old and new systems, methods and languages.
- Degree in Computer Science and/or comparable industry related experience required.
- 3+ years of experience in a similar role
- Experience in manufacturing, inventory, or production reporting systems.
- Analysis in developing solutions using standard SDLC methodology.
- Experience with web-based programming language (.net, html, java script, etc.), Visual Basic, C#.
- Experience with ERP or CRM platforms
- Implementation and/or modernization of legacy applications.
- Fluent in MS Office productivity applications.
- Power BI a plus.
- Leverage and remain current on technology best practices, willingness to learn new technologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with Infor XA software or IBM experience a plus.
- Experience with RPG ILE programming a plus.
- Maintains and supports the ERP application, and other applications used by the organization.
- Provides technical assistance by responding to user inquiries regarding errors, problems, or questions, problem diagnosis and resolution.
- Fulfills ad-hoc information requests via queries and custom programs.
- Gathers and documents requirements
- Writes and designs specifications for applications as identified by users and/or management.
- Develops modifications and integrations for Infor XA ERP (including Power-Link, SystemLink, and Integrator) and related applications.
- Collaborates with other team members and departments to deliver software solutions.
- Performs testing of application development work
- Conducts reporting and data analysis within XA, Visual Basic, & Analytics Tool (Power BI).
- Evaluates new capabilities of existing or new software to meet the needs of the business and the compatibility with current software.
- Maintains system security and user access controls.
- Monitors Batch Processing
- Creates level of effort (LOE) and duration estimates for assigned work. Proactively manages activities to meet those expectations.
- Escalates issues in a timely manner to application manager for support, approval and/or resolution.