We are seeking an experienced application developer. The ideal candidate will be responsible for providing technical deliverables in the design, development, testing, documentation, and implementation of system enhancements or new application development. The candidate will work with the technical team and internal users to help identify areas of application improvement, provide input in methodology and process improvement initiatives, ensure adherence by the team to team and organizational standards in day-to-day work, and provide support to users of the application.
- Evaluate user requests or design specifications for new or modified application functionality and estimate efforts required.
- Analyze, design, code, test, document, implement and maintain application changes.
- Provide technical support to system owners as well as other information technology groups to help ensure effectiveness of information technology systems in enabling Northern Natural Gas customers to conduct day-to-day businesses.
- Collaborate with end users to analyze and develop business requirements for business application enhancements and problem resolutions.
- Provide guidance and direction to team members as necessary in the completion of assigned projects.
- Provide technical input to assist in development of project planning.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested or assigned.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelors degree in information systems, computer science or related technical field; or equivalent work experience. (Typically six years of related, progressive work experience would be needed for candidates applying for this position who do not possess a bachelors degree.)
- Four years or more of demonstrated experience in business analyst, programmer analyst and/or systems analyst role.
- Knowledge of the gas industry is a plus.
- Experience with project methodologies including project management tools, estimating, and documentation of requirements, use cases and test plans.
- Effective oral and written communications skills, including presentation, training and interpersonal skills.
- Effective analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently.
- Four years or more of demonstrated experience using Microsoft SQL Server or other relational database for developing stored procedures.
- Two years or more of demonstrated experience working in an Agile/Scrum methodology.
- Two years or more of demonstrated experience in identifying/analyzing/resolving performance issues.
- Experience with UWP/MVVM, Xamarin, Angular 6+, or Angular JS is a plus
- Experience with test driven development and architectural design documentation is a plus.
- Experience with Geographic Information Systems including any of the following is a plus: ArcGIS (ArcObjects, Python, ArcIMS, ArcSDE (Geodatabase), ArcEngine, Server) and Autodesk MapGuide Enterprise.
- Demonstrate advanced technical knowledge of applicable application development and the ability to apply such knowledge to business needs.
- Participate in a lead role on development and support teams resulting in contribution to achievement of team goals and objectives.
- Analyze and solve moderately complex to complex business or technical problems involving the development and deployment of applicable technology.
- Translate written and oral communications into clear functional specifications, well-crafted designs and high-quality work products.
- Perform responsibilities as directed within determined time frames and with a high degree of accuracy and efficiency.
- Establish and maintain effective work relationships within the department and with the user community.
- Maintain the professional competence, knowledge and skills necessary to effectively complete responsibilities.
- Maintain sensitive and confidential information regarding company information.
- Adhere to and support all company policies and procedures, including workplace safety rules.