Health Data Architect
Location: Remote, United States
Terms: C2H or FTE; Salary
Capstone IT is helping our client to hire a Data Architect with expertise in the Health Information Technology area. This person will develop and implement state of the art strategies to help meet the needs of a growing organization. This role will include typical database administration duties as well as security functions, backup and recovery planning, policy development and procedures related to the database environment.
The individual will also be responsible for designing, developing, and implementing massive data processing (Big Data) pipelines, databases, transformations, data models, programming, testing, and documentation of the Data Lake and its applications, in accordance with standard policies, procedures, and industry best practices as well as to meet the business requirements of the client.
It will also be valuable to have experience in Big Data and Artificial Intelligence projects in the health sector, and knowledge in specific data persistence standards in the health sector such as OMOP, openEHR, i2b2 or ISO13606.
- Lead and manage the enterprise data lake/warehouse migration initiatives.
- Enable enterprise information management: Ensure that the architecture is used as a lens and a filter to identify, prioritize, and execute the data and analytic initiatives with clear line of sight to enterprise strategies and business outcomes.
- Participate in and facilitate the definition and development of the technical data warehouse solution, including vision, scope, and system architecture.
- Prepare detailed functional specifications, design models and schemas, and system workflows from which the data warehouse(s) will be developed and implemented.
- Support, troubleshoot, and maintain production systems as required, optimizing performance, resolving problems, and providing timely follow-up on identified issues.
- Model the companys values and Code of Conduct.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field required OR 8+ years of experience in data management
- Strong experience in building and managing enterprise-level data integration and data transformation platforms including cloud-based architectures
- Strong experience with data modeling, architecting, and managing data warehouse and DataMart schema (star/snowflake schema, OLAP cubes, etc.)
- Strong experience in implementing data warehousing methodologies using RDBMS (MSSQL, MySQL, Oracle, etc.) systems
- Database administration expertise
- Expert level ability to program in SQL (such as PLSQL, TSQL)
- Proven skill in standardization of ETL development and execution for large-scale enterprise data sources
- Experience and knowledge of programming/scripting languages (e.g., Python, R)
- Experience with cloud hosted data management services and pipelines (AWS)
- Knowledge / Experience in the Apache Stack for massive data processing: Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Storm, Giraph, Oozie, Flume, Zookeeper, HBase, etc.
- Knowledge of methodologies, standards and tools related to Data Governance.
Capstone IT is an EEO Employer
Our website: https://www.capstonec.com
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CapstoneITStaffingSolutions
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/capstone__IT
Connect with us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/capstone-it-omaha-kansas-city