Overview: Seeking an enthusiastic Assistant Body Shop Manager to join Canadas leader in repairing and refurbishing transit buses and highway coaches. They offer a collaborative work environment where everyone contributes their ideas on working smarter and more efficiently on an ongoing basis. If you have a great work ethic, put your customers first and want to be challenged and grow with a dynamic team, then consider a career with our client.
What is in it for you?:
- Vacation eligibility in first year
- Group RRSP eligibility after only 90 days (with employer matching contribution)
- Health and dental benefits eligible on first day
- Annual boot allowance of $200
- 100% tuition reimbursement
- Summer flex hours Friday shift ends at 12:30pm all summer
- Christmas break Closed between Christmas and New Years Day
Offers competitive compensation, annual bonus, comprehensive benefits package, RRSP plan and vacation time for full-time permanent employees.
Hours of Work:
- Monday to Friday
- 6:30am to 3:30pm
- Salary: $75,000.00 to $85,000.00 /year
- Develop a positive work environment, assigning and monitoring job tasks and providing overall support to technicians, welders, general labourers and other shop employees.
- Hire, train, motivate and counsel the shop employees.
- Inspect and quality control shop employees work.
- Manage and schedule employees for optimal efficiency and quality repairs done on time.
- Set goals and objectives. Manage the production activities work of the repair & refurbishment shop.
- Prioritize work to achieve best in class customer service.
- Maintain accurate repair order flow to satisfy shop and customer requirements.
- Manage and schedule current capacity of repair, maintenance and refurbishment bays, the associated service equipment and tools for optimal use.
- Manage, oversee and populate data into a computerized work flow tracking systems.
- Collaborate with other key business functions.
- Work with finance on customer invoicing and accounts receivable.
- Work with purchasing & materials department on vendor purchasing & payments.
- Minimum five (5) of experience supervising body repairs and/or assembly of heavy-duty vehicles.
- Ten (10) plus years of direct experience in an automotive/truck environment is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of heavy-duty vehicle/equipment preventative maintenance, refurbishment and repair practices and procedures.
- Sound business judgement, highly developed organizational, administrative, supervisory, time management and interpersonal skills.
- Sound management skills and the ability to effectively plan, direct and oversee employees.
- Demonstrated ability to design, manage and monitor processes and procedures.