Being a garbage truck driver may not be for everyone, but it can be a fulfilling and essential job that contributes to the well-being of communities. Pair that with one of Canada's Top Tier companies and you have a recipe for career success!
Here are some reasons why someone might choose to be a garbage truck driver:
- Job security: Garbage collection is a necessary service that will always be required, so job security is often good.
- Good pay and benefits: Garbage truck drivers can make a good salary and benefits package.
- Independence: Garbage truck drivers often work independently, which can be appealing to some people who prefer to work on their own.
- Physical activity: Garbage truck drivers are often active throughout the day, which can be a good fit for those who enjoy physical work.
- Contribution to the community: Garbage collection is an important service that contributes to the cleanliness and overall well-being of communities.
Overall, being a garbage truck driver can be a rewarding career choice for those who value job security, independence, physical activity, and contributing to their community.
Whats in it for you?
- $21-$22/HR, weekly pay + 4% vacation pay
- LOTS of overtime
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation, up to 4 weeks
- 401K with employer match
- Full-time opportunity
- Monday Friday
- Start time: 6:30 am
- 10/12 hrs minimum per day
Location: Flint, MI
- Operating a Garbage or Recycle truck as a single loader/operator
- Responsible for various types of residential curbside pickup
- Garbage, yard waste, organics and recycling
- Daily pre-and post-trip inspections of the vehicle
- Provide friendly and reliable service, completing daily routes as assigned
- Preform repetitive lifting up to 50lbs, from the ground into the hopper
- Collect and deliver to local transfer stations and landfills
- CDL license required
- Clear MVR preferred
- 1 year of verifiable Heavy Truck driving experience
- Previous Waste Collection experience desired but not necessary
- Must be physically fit and able to lift up to 50lbs repetitively
- Must be able to drive and load
- Ability to work in all weather conditions
- Reliable transportation
- Must have steel-toed work boots above the ankle
Apply Online Today!