Being a garbage truck driver may not be for everyone, but it can be a fulfilling and essential job that contributes to the well-being of communities. Pair that with one of Canada's Top Tier companies and you have a recipe for career success!
Here are some reasons why someone might choose to be a Garbage Truck Driver:
- Job security: Garbage collection is a necessary service that will always be required, so job security is often good.
- Good pay and benefits: Garbage truck drivers can make a good salary and benefits package.
- Independence: Garbage truck drivers often work independently, which can be appealing to some people who prefer to work on their own.
- Physical activity: Garbage truck drivers are often active throughout the day, which can be a good fit for those who enjoy physical work.
- Contribution to the community: Garbage collection is an important service that contributes to the cleanliness and overall well-being of communities.
Overall, being a garbage truck driver can be a rewarding career choice for those who value job security, independence, physical activity, and contributing to their community.
Whats in it for you?
- LOTS OF OVERTIME
- Paid weekly, every Friday + 4% vacation
- RRSP Matching
- Dental, Vision, Medical benefits offered
- Career Growth
- Monday - Friday
- Start Time: 6:00am
- Average 10/12 hours per day
Location: Aurora, ON
- Operate a Side Loader Truck collecting curbside pick up
- Responsible for residential curbside pickup of Recycle
- Required to drive and load
- Daily pre-and post-trip inspections of the vehicle
- Provide friendly and reliable service, completing daily routes as assigned
- Preform repetitive lifting up to 25lbs, from the ground into the hopper
- Collect and deliver to local transfer stations and landfills
- DZ license required
- Clean CVOR and Drivers Abstract
- Must be physically fit and able to lift up to 50lbs
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions
- Must have steel-toed work boots, above the ankle
- Must have reliable transportation
Apply Online Today!