We are searching for a Purchasing Manager to be responsible for managing all duties related to sourcing, negotiating, materials planning, procurement, and supplier maintenance in line with Companys strategic goals, budgets, quality policy and Values Based Leadership system.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Interface with suppliers to capitalize upon new opportunities and technologies.
- Development and execution of long-range purchasing plan.
- Development of ongoing steel procurement strategy.
- Manage all negotiations for direct and indirect spend
- Cost reduction through the development of new and existing suppliers
- Analysis and reporting of savings against standard costs.
- Review and approve invoices with discrepancies
- Manage item master pricing and description updates as needed.
- Manage raw materials inventories, maintain active cycle counts, perform physical inventories, and control excess inventories
- Negotiate total procurement cost including materials and in-bound freight.
- Be knowledgeable of corporate quality policy
Your background will resemble:
- A business degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 10+ plus years in a sheet metal manufacturing environment.
- Experience sourcing and negotiating raw sheet/coil steel.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Thorough understanding of supply chain management within a Lean manufacturing environment.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve in a dynamic, fast paced environment.