We are searching for a Personal Banker
to be responsible for processing new account transactions, assisting customers in selecting accounts and financial services, and cross-selling products and services. This is a temporary-to-permanent position.
- Greet customers, determine financial needs, and explain appropriate accounts, products, and financial services.
- Research customer inquiries and resolve problems.
- Open new accounts, establish identification of new customers, assign account numbers, complete forms, accept initial deposits, and prepare documents.
- Issue official checks, determine funds availability, and obtain receipts for customers. Performs teller transactions as needed.
- Receive and process stop payment and hold orders. Process wire transfers, ACH transactions, debit card orders, address changes, check and deposit slip orders.
- Open safe deposit box accounts, control access, and assist customers.
- Process debit card applications.
- Process financial transactions and resolve problems within authority limits.
- Cross-train branch personnel.
- Create routine letters, reports, and forms. Photocopy, fax, file, and process incoming and outgoing mail as needed.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or 2 years of related experience and/or training, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Intermediate experience with branch operations, terminology, products, and services.
- Basic knowledge of related state and federal banking compliance regulations.
- Intermediate computer proficiency.
- Basic math skills.
- Effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to deal with routine problems involving multiple facets and variables in standardized situations.
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work with general supervision while performing duties.