Ranked one of Puget Sound Business Journals Best Workplaces and Fastest Growing Mid-Size Companies, Affirma is expanding and looking to hire talented individuals. Currently we are in search of a motivated and performance-driven IT Support Engineer to join our team!
Affirma is a technology services and consulting company built around customer satisfaction and delivering dependable, reliable solutions. We offer exciting projects within a friendly, welcoming culture and flexible work environment.
- Industry programming experience in building Web applications, Web Servers & Troubleshooting skills
- Python, Node.js, Java, Containers and .NET Core
- Knowledge of IIS configuration and how HTTP requests are handled by IIS
- Knowledge of Azure App Services and Cloud Services is an added advantage
- Understanding of how HTTP requests are handled end-to-end including HTTP headers, cookies, etc.
- The ability to troubleshoot complex web application issues in an often-ambiguous environment
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Ability to thrive in a strong team environment focused on providing a consistently high level of customer service in a challenging environment.
- Communicate with corporate customers via telephone, written correspondence, or electronic service regarding problems identified in software products, and manage relationships with those customers
- Be flexible to work in different shifts
- Use trace analysis, source code, and other sophisticated debugging tools to analyze problems and develop solutions to meet customer needs; may involve writing code
- Acquire & coordinate resources from other groups as needed to resolve customer issues
- Manage hot issues by setting customer expectations, devising action plans, being available 24x7, and professionally communicating to all parties involved
- Share knowledge with other engineers and develop customer solutions efficiently
- Communicate technically complex information with developer customers via telephone, written correspondence, and electronic services
- Continually learn technologies and develop deep expertise in products. Apply that knowledge to real-world programming problems
- Own and participate in regular technical triage meetings to share knowledge with other engineers and help them develop efficient solutions to their customers
- Drive resolution of critical situations (CritSits) and ensure smooth execution through the life of the crisis by adherence to processes and guidelines.
- One of Washington's Fastest Growing Private Companies & Top 100 Best Companies to Work For (According to Seattle Business Magazine and Puget Sound Business Journal)
- Casual environment, surrounded by incredibly intelligent and motivated co-workers, and a performance-driven culture
- Flexible Schedule
- Opportunity for growth
- Great location, great people, exciting projects, and tons of fun.
Affirma is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not make employment decisions or otherwise discriminates based on race, creed, color, national origin, sex, military status, sexual orientation, or the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law.