Ranked one of Puget Sound Business Journals Best Workplaces and Fastest Growing Companies, Affirma is expanding its presence and hiring many talented individuals. Affirma offers exciting projects, a relaxed culture, and a flexible work environment
Affirma is a full-service technology consultancy. We provide a breadth and depth of expertise while maintaining the personal touch of a boutique firm. Our teams specialize in helping organizations of all sizes solve their most challenging business pain points by creating custom in-house solutions. We offer services ranging from business intelligence, web design and creative consulting, infrastructure, and so much more. At Affirma we are extremely passionate and dedicated to our customer satisfaction. Our teams focus on ensuring we are delivering dependable and reliable solutions with every project we work on.
- Experience working with stakeholders to create tailored messages to meet audiences where they are
- Strong focus on audience empathy
- Experience creating style guides and tone guides for content
- Experience with strategy and communication, principles, channels, and guidance for overall branding and tone and business outcome
- Experience establishing best practices for writing high-level, high board impact business communications
- Experience setting up a feedback loop on message saturation to target audience
- Work across the organization to provide internal and external content creation and management
- Be an internal communications strategist that syncs together the messaging of various cross functional teams to better align the connections between culture, operations, and information.
- Connect with their audiences in a more authentic and human way.
- Focus on Internal communications (100%)
- Convert data into stories that people can connect with
- Support communications for and to leaders, including internal communications, presentation narrative writing, presentation creation as needed, and social media content
- Draft talking points and Q&A and prep for speaking opportunities
- Produce key messages, workplace posts, presentations, scripts, Q&As, thought leadership pieces, executive briefing materials, and other communications assets
- 7+ years professional experience
- Excellent leadership and communications skills, both verbally and in writing, with different types of audiences and purposes
- Organized, diligent, proactive, self-driven and master of time management
- Friendly, communicative people-person who thrives in a fast paced, evolving culture
- Adaptability is a must, customer-service mindset is a must
- Strong storytelling background with the ability to create bonds with readers
- High attention to detail
- Quality and results focused
- Willingness and ability to take initiative and drive tasks through completion
- Good judgment and calm composure particularly in high pressure times
- Trustworthy and able to keep highly sensitive information confidential
- Experience writing and turning complex information into relevant, engaging, timely and valuable content.
- Strong understanding of multimedia, visual storytelling, and modern communications platforms
- Excellent writer and messaging expert with ability to simplify and emotively express complex narratives across consumer and enterprise audiences
- Ability to craft and drive cadence of thought leadership
- Identify key milestones and other opportunities and determine strategies to elevate them
- Experience communicating to an employee population of technologists and engineers.
- Experience in the technology industry
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, or a related discipline.
- Experience in public relations, journalism, branding and campaigns a plus.
- One of Washington's Fastest Growing Private Companies & Top 100 Best Companies to Work For (According to Seattle Business Magazine and Puget Sound Business Journal)
- Casual environment, surrounded by incredibly intelligent and motivated co-workers, and a performance-driven culture
- Flexible Schedule
- Opportunity for growth
- Great location, great people, exciting projects, and tons of fun
Affirma is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not make employment decisions or otherwise discriminates based on race, creed, color, national origin, sex, military status, sexual orientation, or the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law.