Posted on 06 October 23 by Ahmed Uddin
Powered by Tracker
Our client, an office supply manufacturer. Is currently looking for an Accounting Specialist to join their team This is an exciting opportunity, due to growth in the company. Great company to work for with great benefits and a great team.
The Accounting Specialist will assist the organization with financial matters. Actively assist team leaders in supporting the business needs ensuring that all pertinent data is obtained to monitor, communicate and effectively resolve inquiries. Manage and facilitate rebate and incentives for various rebate programs. Will be responsible for the development and implementation and maintenance of tools and techniques used to resolve chargebacks. Will work closely with sales managers, sales administrators, and the operations department to aide in integrating internal business processes in fulfilling all contractual obligations to external customers. This role is heavily centered on resolving billback discrepancies.
Will work on creating efficiencies within the rebate resolution process. Responsible for coordinating and developing additional departmental metrics and KPIs to ensure as well as promote a cohesive engagement in reaching departmental goals. Manage the Accounts Receivable deductions processes and support the Accounting Manager to complete other transaction processing, Accounting, and month end related tasks. Coordinate with Accounts Receivable Team in processing rebate claims in accordance with the terms and conditions of the rebate contract and internal processing procedures of the client. Process and validate all rebates, analyze rebate differences, accurately forecast rebate payments, review all customer contracts and maintain superior level of customer service. Prepare various internal reports for the Accounting Manager and other Accounting/Finance Team members with closing processes, Journal Entries, reconciliations, reporting, and ad hoc projects. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. Research Deductions clear valid deductions against respective rebates, dispute invalid deductions.
2. Coordinate with Accounts Receivable Team by analyzing deductions and supporting the Accounts Receivable department with various tasks including cash application.
3. Responsible for processing rebates, gathering support for review and verification.
4. Analyze rebate variances, determine cause(s), and provide solutions, working closely with the AR team.
5. Calculate claims accurately and timely, providing monthly accrual needs to Accounting Manager.
6. Accurately record current and future rebate payments. Will be responsible to provide rebate forecasts to ensure timely customer payment.
7. Create rebate reports for customers and ensure all new changes and new rebates are set up accurately.
8. Work with IT to develop and implement rebates management module in D365.
9. Responsible for customer contracts ensuring up to date contracts are received and available, contracts are reviewed and understood, and adhered to in relation to Accounting aspects.
10. Work with Auditors during audits
11. Offer suggestions about policy and procedure.
12. Ensure compliance with the financial procedures of the organization
13. Resolve difficult accounting work and involved projects and problems
14. Work with confidential data
15. Assist Accounting Manager and other Accounting/Finance Team members with closing processes, journal entries, reconciliations, reporting, and ad hoc projects.
Rate / Salary
$ - $
Skills / Experience