Our client, a global manufacturer located in Somerville, NJ is currently looking for a Production Manager to join their team. Brand new facility, and a great place to work at with a great team!
- Daily walk-throughs of all production areas. Intense shop floor presence in all areas. Hands-On understanding of product flow. In coordination with the plant manager, identification and resolution of any production bottle-necks
- Facilitate daily production meetings with all related department managers and supervisors
- Maintain and continually improve the plant manufacturing systems
- Direct the operation of all manufacturing departments, providing support to the supervisory team as needed
- Assist in the implementation of new manufacturing processes, product technology, and systems technology to achieve the location's manufacturing objectives
- Assist in establishing, communicating and implementing operational standards for throughput, cost control, waste reduction, quality, and on-time delivery
- Assist Plant Manager with staffing, training and development of subordinates consistent with department and corporate operating objectives
- Heavily involved with Manufacturing and Planning modules of the Oracle ERP system
- Assist in the development of corporate competency testing tools
- Assist supervisors in the handling of all employee and personnel issues
Bachelor of Science preferred (in Industrial Engineering or Business Management) or 5-10 years experience in progressively responsible manufacturing management roles. Project management experience is a plus. Plastics extrusion or medical device manufacturing experience a plus.
- Desire to lead and develop the manufacturing management team at the facility. Excellent communication skills are a must.
- Computer literate, including familiarity with a nationally known ERP system, preferably Oracle 11i.
- Familiarity with SPC and/or Minitab Statistical analysis software a plus.
- Familiarity with ISO 9000:2001, FDA GMP.
- Familiarity with Six Sigma/Lean Manufacturing methodology. Green/Black Belt Certification is preferred.
- A hands-on style is a must as is the ability to travel to customer locations as required.