Senior Project Controls Specialist - Power Generation
Our client, a leading national provider of engineering, procurement, and construction management services, is seeking a highly skilled Project Controls Specialist to join their Power Generation (PG) Business Unit. In this role, you will play a pivotal role in overseeing the financial reporting of the PG business unit. Working closely with the profit center directors, and project managers, you will contribute to the successful execution of projects and the achievement of project goals.
We are working with the PMO and Project Team directly on this full time salaried position with excellent benefits, PTO and Bonus.
Financial Reporting Oversight:
As the Senior Project Controls Specialist, your primary responsibility will be to oversee the financial reporting of the PG business unit. You will ensure accurate and timely reporting of project financials, including billing and invoicing.
Actively engage with profit center teams to collaboratively work towards achieving project goals. You will be involved in project setup, execution, and invoicing/billing, effectively solving any emergent problems that may arise.
Communication and Collaboration:
Foster effective communication with profit center teams, project managers, and project control staff. Conduct internal meetings to discuss project progress, schedule adjustments, and change approvals.
Project Setup and Closeout:
Support project setup and closeout processes, including financial reporting and client-required reporting. Identify, document, and distribute project changes, as well as track and address project financial issues.
Reporting and Documentation:
Maintain the project status reporting system, ensuring that all actions and changes are accurately recorded and updated for assigned projects. Assist project managers in controlling schedule and scope performance to ensure project requirements are met.
Desired Project Coordinator Functions:
- Bachelor's degree in business management, construction management, or a related field from an accredited curriculum.
- Minimum of 15 years of relevant project experience, with at least 8 years of Project Controls/Coordination experience in construction or engineering and design projects.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal skills to ensure the achievement of project financial goals/objectives and adherence to business processes and procedures.
- Support project setup and closeout processes, including financial reporting and client-required reporting.
- Collaborate with the project team to identify, document, and distribute project changes.
- Identify, document, assign, and track project financial issues.
- Maintain the project status reporting system for assigned projects.
- Assist project managers in controlling schedule and scope performance to meet project requirements.
- Effective communication with cross-functional teams within multiple programs on project statuses.
- Knowledge of power generating utility design projects.
- Ability to interpret written/documented utility schedule criteria.
- Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to coordinate and interface with stakeholders at a high professional level.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and UAE ERP systems.
- Commitment to ethical practices and willingness to comply with company ethics requirements.
- Ability to build and lead a strong team for financial reporting.