Our Client, located in Hackensack, is seeking a Human Resources Manager. This position is responsible for firm-wide human resource functions, including resource planning, recruitment, performance evaluations, disciplinary procedures, benefits and employee relations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide managerial and administrative support to the Chief Human Resources Officer in the following areas:
- All human resource functions of the Firm, continuously evaluating current Firm policies & procedures, make recommendations for improvement.
- Firm recruiting, hiring, development and retention programs in compliance with state/federal regulations and recommended employment law practices.
- Determine staffing needs for the Firm; meet and maintain benchmarked staffing ratios and trends. Oversee non-exempt personnel including administrative assistants and other clerical staff to ensure that Firm expectations are being met.
- Oversee employee relations and resolution of employment conflicts.
- Work with Firm personnel to ensure the Firms compliance in handling requests for leaves of absence.
- Coordinate with Chief Human Resources Officer and Payroll and Benefits Coordinator regarding all Firm benefit plans, including 401(k)/Profit Sharing Plan.
- Ensure the Firm has updated standard job descriptions for support staff & ensure timely review of job descriptions & position specifications.
- Keep Firm Managing Partners and Chief Human Resources Officer informed of HR matters; assist with any reports and financial analysis as requested. Assist with integration of new attorneys.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by the Chief Human Resources Officer or Firm Managing Partners.
- Bachelors degree in human resource management or related field, or a comparable level of training such as that which may be acquired through additional work experience. Prior law firm experience, SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP, SPHR or PHR a plus.
- Approximately 4+ years of progressively responsible work experience with legal or other professional service organizations to gain the expertise needed to administer a professional HR system.
- Ability to identify & analyze complex issues, able to recommend and implement solutions to same.
- Interpersonal skills to communicate and maintain effective/professional relationships with partners, attorneys and staff.
- Broad knowledge of law firm services, policies and procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail essential.
- Working knowledge of computer software including Microsoft is necessary.